“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Penukonda Fort

Penukonda is small town in the Ananthpur district of Andhra. I had noticed this place when I had gone to Gandikota and wanted to check this place. Later when I read a travelgoue in which the author has visited this place I also wanted to visit here.

And this place has come into my radar multiple times. I learned that the rulers of Hampi had taken Penukonda as their capital after the fall of Hampi. All this together made me check this place.

But today the current state of the place is real sad. The place has lot of tourism values but is left uncared for. And the shocking news was when we enquired the locals about the spots to visit. Almost all the people we enquired mentioned there is nothing to see here. Gagan mahal was locked and we entered few fort walls to explore the place. We were only welcomed with cold stares by people around us.









No comments:

Post a Comment